Saturday, October 12, 2013

HAMILTON NATIONALS - JORDAN HALL Q&A

Jordan Hall has been playing for the Nationals for 5 years, two of which were in Toronto before moving to Hamilton. This past season he put up 12 points for Hamilton including 8 goals and 4 assists. Hall put in a game-winning goal against the Bayhawks while on the road for an over time win to continue the 5-0 start for Hamilton. Hall also plays for the Philadelphia Wings in the NLL with teammates Kevin Crowley, Brodie Merrill, and rookie Tucker Durkin. Digital Media coordinator, Becca Luden had a chance to sit down and talk to with Jordan about his lacrosse career.

Becca Luden: How did you get started in lacrosse?
Jordan Hall: I was actually a playing soccer with a bunch of buddies and they’re dad was really into it and soccers in the fall and spring and they told me I should go play lax and that was kinda it.

BL: Did you play any other sports other than soccer when you were younger?
JH: I actually quit soccer pretty young. When I was really young I played baseball and soccer and then that changed to soccer and lacrosse. And all my lacrosse buddies were playing hockey so it became lax and hockey from basically 9 or 10 years old and on.

BL: When did you stop playing Hockey?
JH: Right up until like I think 11th or 10th grade, up until the point I knew I had a lacrosse scholarship and then I just focused on lacrosse.

BL: What is your greatest accomplishment in your lacrosse career?
JH: Probably winning the world championships in 2006 with team Canada.

BL: Who is your Athletic motivation?
JH: I was always a bigger fan of Trevor linden cause he wasn’t always flashy but he was more of a two way guy. You know he got back checked hard and things like that so I guess you could say Lindin.

BL: What song is on your ipod that you wouldn’t want people to know about?
JH: It’s a Bruno mars song, I cant remember the name of it...hold on let me look it up… So when I go to itunes .. just an old man comment.. oh wait there it is. Library.
Bruno Mars – If I knew.

BL:  hahah, I’ll have to give it a listen… So how do you prepare for a game, do you have any weird superstitions or anything like that?
JH: No I try and stay pretty loose, I would say pre game nap is a big one. And I just started following brodie around and eating whatever he eats on the weekend.
BL: Trying to eat healthier?
JH: Yeah I literally follow him and if there’s a buffet I follow him in line and grab whatever he does and jump in the backseat and go to whole foods with him.

BL: If you went on amazing race who from the nationals would you want as your partner and why?
JH: I think I might take Thul, because he would drive me to do better because his military training and he could protect me in any situation and he’s got training for whatever they might have us do.

BL: What’s your favorite holiday?
JH: Halloween

BL: Does that count?
JH: Uh yes it does.

BL: Ahaha alright so why?
JH: I really like the costumes and you get a lot of candy.  I put more into my Halloween costumes than Christmas presents. It’s a bad thing to say but it’s probably true.

BL: I put quite a bit of thought into mine too, so it’s not that bad… What is your favorite meal?

JH: Probably, it’s a three-way tie between pizza, sushi, or a nice steak house.

No comments:

Post a Comment