Saturday, November 2, 2013

29 DAYS TO GO !

Now that you have a little bit of background on me, and why I’m here. I decided today I’m going to answer ten random questions that people have asked me in the past or that I’ve seen on quizzes and let you know a bit about my hockey background. (since you know, it’s a hockey blog and not a Becca blog.. even though that would be cool too)


1. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? 
All the time, it’s basically second nature.

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? 
I normally don’t eat a lot of cereal, as it’s a ton of grains , but I stick the Special K Protien cereal for a quick pre gym snack if I don’t have any other protein source.

3. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? 
I’m kind of a jack show (ish…not really)

4. LEAST FAVOURITE TEAM?
For any sport it’s Toronto… and then for the NFL it’s the Bears hands down.

5. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? 
Scary , by far. I LOVE THEM. Like way too much.

6. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
They go hand in hand.
Fun Fact: Cardio is not simply just running.


7. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? 
I can lick my elbow and I can lip sync like a boss.


8. WHAT IS YOUR STARBUCKS DRINK?
I didn’t even start drinking it until this year but normally I stick to a skinny vanilla bean with non-lactose milk when I get it. Dairy free as much as possible is normally my go-to.

9. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?
blogging , sports , working out, running, video games

10. WHAT REALITY SHOW WOULD YOU MOST LIKLEY BE ON?
Any of them really, I’m told quite a bit that I should be on one.. Mostly because I don’t think before I say things so it’s all ridiculous and I walk into things all the time .. like parked cars or walls.

Okay, so enough about my interesting and ridiculous self… my hockey background. I didn’t really get overly into Hockey until grade school because the OHL team in North Bay (back when they were the centennials) would come to the schools and read with us and it was kind of cool. (here's a nice little throwback picture ... sad thing is i got the jersey when i was 5 and it still fit when i was 18.. yikes)


I followed the OHL for a really long time before getting into the NHL, and later the AHL; simply because there was a team in Windsor and the city did A LOT around them. 
I’ve covered quite a bit of junior hockey through school projects as well as volunteer work in the Niagara region as well as the Under 17 Hockey Challenge a couple of years ago. I just recently started covering the AHL, although I did touch on it a little bit before this year with my internship in Hamilton.

I may not have as much background as someone else that may have played or has been in the industry for a little while longer, but like I said yesterday … I am a sponge.


Fun Fact:
In some cases the male sperm can live in a woman for 9 months.



And don't forget if you want know anything about me , feel free to ask ! ? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment