Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Countdown to Puck Rant continues as the Habs end their Losing Streak

So after missing a solid portion of the game tonight, due to being at the Bulldogs game , and seeing that the Habs were up 1-0.. i decided to see if they could keep the lead if i didn't turn on the game.
They kept it .. and i didn't turn it on (surprisingly) I did however follow it on twitter, just to see if me not watching it would keep them up.. and apparently I am bad luck when i watch the games.
I have watched all of their november games up until this one , and they've only won the one i didn't watch so i'm not sure if this is a sign or not. At least one of Montreal's franchise's turned their streak around. 


I'm a little bitter that I missed Gallagher's goal, but what can I say ... he's a stud. Gallagher would store early in the second to put the Habs on the board after a scoreless first period. I guess he's making up for all of that time in the box while in Ottawa. Galchenyuk and Eller would collect the assists ... Galchenyuk would collect another apple when Eller found the back of the net for himself later in the second period. Bournivalle would end the period with a nice power play goal to give the Habs a two point edge going into the final period. 

You know it's a struggle to follow a game on twitter, when i can't read the first half of the tweets .. I need to learn french and i need to learn it asap. Everyday i regret not paying attention in grade 9 french class more and more... or at least trying to pay attention. You'd think that using google translator would have taught me something ... you know other than to copy and paste into a word doc. 

It wouldn't be until the third period when Galchenyuk would put in a goal of his own... to add to his already two point night after giving helpers on the first two Canadians goals. Ellar and Gallagher returning the favour to give him the assist on the goal. These three are just studs tonight. (but we already knew that) 

With the Habs 4-2 win over the Islanders, the Habs finally end their losing streak. Finally one of my estimates was right ! I'm not 1-2 on my estimates. Almost at the .500 mark. Looks like Gallagher will be making his first donation! Next game will be against the Lightning. 

Beauty of the night: Alex Galchenyuk --- 1G 2A , 7 Shots 


No comments:

Post a Comment