Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5 down, 26 to go… Canadians VS Blues

It’s Montreal’s third game of the month and they have yet to win one. They dropped their last two games, first to the Wild and then to the Avalanche. In their third match up of the month they’re at home against the St.Louis Blues, who dropped their past game. The Blues are currently on the end of a three game road trip where they have gone 1-1 so far. In yesterday’s month preview I gave it to the Canadians, so how right was I?

Starting between the pipes for the Canadians was the lovely Carey Price. Yes I said Lovely. From the looks of it, in his spare time he gets some pretty nice shots off as well.



Canadians had a rough start, as the Blues didn’t waste anytime coming out strong in the first. Alexander Steen shot one right past Price to start a new goal-scoring streak and give the Blues the edge. The Canadians would be the first to hang out in the bad boy box, but with a strong penalty kill would still only trail by one after two minutes on the man down.

Parros and Reaves would drop the gloves with just over 5 minutes left. I’m starting to think this whole Canadians being polite is just a myth. Parros would get Reaves bucket off, but would get dropped first. I vote this a fight a 3 star. No blood and quite possibly cost the Canadians a goal. #BrawlerProbs

Side note: I bet Parros could grow one mean and greasy Moustache by the end of the month. Looks kind of like a baby right now after getting it shaved.

Carey Price would get called on a Delay of game with just over two minutes left and the Canadians would end the Period on the man down… at the end of 1 they would trail 1-0.

To open up the second the Blues came out hard again, out shooting the Canadians. Carey Price made a beauty save to get the Canadians going, and not long after the Canadians’ Rene Bourque put one past Hulak to tie it up at 1.

After Price’s killer-save at the beginning of the second the Canadians seemed to get back on track, finally catching up on the Shots… which they didn’t seem to have through out the first.

Midway through my friend’s story of updating her life Michael Bournival had a beauty goal that made me drop my popcorn. Not sure how I feel about dropping the popcorn, but I’m loving that goal. Not to mention I still have no idea what she was talking about, maybe a text message or a phone call from a guy, she could have told me the house was on fire but 0 effs were given. The Habs lead to end the second 2-1 after two unanswered goals in the period… and suddenly my predictions seem more real.


(hopefully by the end of this season, with the help of puckrant's writers she'll be able to catch on a little bit... follow her, help her out!)


Not to mention they’ve ended both periods on the man-down. The Blues are 0-4 on the power play so far this game… proving that the Canadians have a killer penalty kill.  

The Blues fought through out the entire third period, and with several nice saves from Carey Price he managed to keep the Habs ahead for quite some time. It wasn’t until just over 10.5 minutes into the third when Chris Stewart tied it up at 2 and again another goal ruins my friend’s conversation with the air between my ears.
The third period seemed to be a lot like the first, with the Canadians being out played by the Blues.

Five minutes left and it’s all tied up at 2 … and here I am barely breathing. I feel like I always end up in this position. Some would say this is also the feeling you get when you fall in love… you know can’t eat, can’t breathe, don’t want to watch in case something bad happens. But no… this is the feeling I get when it’s too close for comfort.

Unlike the Baby Habs the Canadians and over time have yet to meet this season… but it’s no stranger to the Blues as they headed into their fourth over time game. With Louis Leblanc up from the Dogs, i’ve just been waiting for him to go and toss in the game-winner… he’s done it twice for the Dogs, why not one for the Habs?

I’ve missed the past few Habs again.. And they lost both… Now they’re suddenly headed into a shoot out. The Bulldogs have a ratchet season last year… I get season tickets and they’re leading the league and have had a redoncoulous amount of over-time games. Maybe I’m not such a good luck charm… maybe I’m just a wrecking ball of stress.

I lied maybe i'm not so good luck ... maybe my wrecking ball of stress literally came in like a wrecking ball. Grrr. Habs fall to a 3-2 loss while the Blues end their road trip on a high note. 

Stars of the Game 
1 – Jaroslav Halak (25 Saves) --- (great save in the final 30 seconds to send them into OT)
2 – Carey Price (30 Saves)
3 – Steen (1G – 5 Shots) 

**Side note: Maxim Lapierre was back home, and my guess is… the entire game he was thinking about getting some post-game poutine. **
  
The Habs next game will be Thursday when they head to Canada’s Capital to take on the Senators for the first time this season.

Fact of the Day:
If you are unable to do a back flip and land in the splits by the age of 6 then you will not get into college.


No comments:

Post a Comment