Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hamilton Nationals - Q&A with Kevin Crowley

Kevin Crowley was first overall draft pick in both the NLL and MLL drafts, and is in his second year as a National. 
This season Kevin Crowley has set a career high for goals against the Ohio Machine with 5, and then tied it with 5 goals against the NY Lizards. In the Home Opener on May 11th Crowley scored the game winning goal against the Lizards with just four seconds left in the contest. 
Not only does Crowley currently lead the MLL in both points and goals with 32 points nad 23 goals but he has also set a new record for the Nationals game point streak at 22 games. Nationals Digital Media Coordinator Becca Luden had the opportunity to chat with Crowley about his lacrosse career.
Becca Luden: How did you get started in lacrosse?
Kevin Crowley: My grandpa was a lacrosse player and he put a stick in my hand when I was probably 2 or 3 years old. I didn’t start playing organized sports until I was 5 , and that was organized lacrosse.
BL: Did you play any other sports as well, or were you strictly lacrosse?
KC: I played Hockey, I dabbled in Basketball, played a little bit of golf but mainly hockey and lacrosse. 
BL: Oh Nice.. So what has been your greatest accomplishment so far?
KC: Uh , geeze I think uh, going first overall in both drafts was probably my biggest accomplishment. I wish I had more of a team oriented one but I haven’t really won any big championships.
BL: And Who is your athletic Motivation ?
KC: Geeze, that’s a good one. I’d have to say Michael Jordan. The way that he’s conducted himself as a professional and his work ethic as admirable, it’s something I strive to copy.
BL: He’s definitely a great athlete. I know there are some athletes that have superstitions and weird pre game rituals or routines so what do you do to prepare for a game?
KC: I don’t really have any weird superstitions or anything like that. Normally it’s just the shoot around, lunch and then I have a big nap and then head to the game and eat something late. That’s really my pre game ritual I don’t really have any superstitions.  What are some of the other ones you’ve heard?
BL: Well some are just like certain meals or certain games or songs before a game.
KC: In Lacrosse it’s too hard to have a regimentied you have to eat this because of the way flights and stuff like that go. If you’re a very superstitious person like that chances are you’re going to get thrown off easily when it comes time to play, you know what I’m saying?
BL: Yah, for sure! So what are some of the songs on your Ipod that you wouldn’t tell anyone about?
KC: Uhhhh , Backstreet Boys. All three of their CD’s well they got more than that but I have three of their CD’s.
BL: What three do you have?
KC: Oh I don’t even know the names on them.
BL: Do you have a favourite song?
KC: Uh, What’s the one , oh boy sitting in the airport right now.. uhm I want it that way.
BL: Oh yah I deffinitly know that one. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would do?
KC: Take care of my family.
BL: So I take it you’re really Family orientated?
KC: No I hate them. Yeah no, I love them I’m a really family oriented person. Probably because I don’t get to see them a lot I’m not home all that much. So I’d have to take care of them.
BL: Aww, thats so nice. What was your favourite show when you were younger?
KC: Oh, I feel like I’d have to ask my mom on this one. Captain planet … I was a big captain planet fan.I couldn’t even tell you what it was about … probably saving the planet. I just had an action figure.
BL: Did you have captain planet sheets to go with it too?
KC: ahhh no , I was a Goosebumps fan too,  I had those sheets. And Ducktail set of sheets too.
BL: hahah, nice! So what’s your favorite book right now?
KC: Well Coach Hunts is making us read The Gold Standard by Coach K, and I’m enjoying that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment